Requirements, popular features and limitations.
Requirements before connecting a WhatsApp Business Account to the conversations inbox:
- You need the legal name of your company and your WhatsApp display name.
- The URL of your business website.
- Your business email address.
- Admin permission for your company’s Meta Business Manager account.
- WhatsApp business account and phone number (existing or new one created during integration)
- Access to the company phone number that you want to send messages with. This must be able to receive voice calls.
- It must not be part of an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system, or have IVR disabled for a period.
- Professional or Enterprise version of Marketing Hub or Service Hub
After you add your WhatsApp Business account as a new channel in your conversations inbox, it is crucial to ensure that you get explicit consent from contacts to communicate with them using WhatsApp. The client always has an option to opt out should he wish to do so.
If you received a contact’s explicit and valid consent to receive WhatsApp communications from your business, you can edit his subscription status on the HubSpot CRM.
Popular features of the HubSpot's WhatsApp Integration:
- Handle all your WhatsApp messages in one shared inbox.
- Effortlessly trace customer details through the HubSpot CRM.
- Personalize WhatsApp templates with personalized information from the HubSpot CRM.
- Send welcome messages through workflow templates
- Automate abandoned cart texts
- Send messages based on purchases
Besides the numerous advantages, this integrations also comes with a few limitations:
- There is a limit of 25 phone numbers to associate with each WhatsApp for Business Account.
- Only new messages received after the WhatsApp Business Account connection, will sync to HubSpot. Historical conversations will not be synced.
- Once the WhatsApp connection is on, messages will no longer appear in the WhatsApp mobile app or web app, and will only appear in the conversations inbox in your HubSpot account.
- Due to Meta's requirements for using the WhatsApp integration, you can only connect a Business account, and not a personal one.