The HubSpot-Salesforce native integration enables your organization to synchronize information between the two systems facilitating team and effort alignment, but how?
When you have chosen to implement the HubSpot-Salesforce Integration, you may be wonder about the following;
What is the sync direction?
-> Bi-directional sync
This means there is a two-way flow of data ensuring information within your records are up to date and relevant within both HubSpot and Salesforce. The best part, you have the ability to choose what data is relevant to sync with custom sync settings. This means you can;
- Decide what each system should do when the other systems information is updated/changed
- Use property mapping to define data changes on a granulated level
- Limit what information is synced
How often is the sync frequency?
The integration has a continual sync, unless paused or stopped. The connection tracks changes within both systems in turn triggering updates from one to the other and visa versa.
How do I handle duplicate records?
Deduplication is handled differently depending on the object itself.
- Contacts are deduplicated using email addresses
- Companies are matched utilising a account ID and associated contact
- If an opportunity is synced from Salesforce to HubSpot a new deal is created. If a deal is then synced to Salesforce from HubSpot a opportunity is created.